A (Very) Short Bio of Cody Simon
Cody Simon is a very special guest to the show, being that he is the PRODUCER of The Expat Chit Chat Show! He is originally from Los Angeles, California but now living with his girlfriend in Lviv, Ukraine.
Cody Simon has a background in finance and worked in the investment banking field for years before decided to uproot his life and move to Beijing, China with the goal to become a business consultant on Sino-US corporate relations. After a fortuitous 4 years he was able to sell his company and escape one of his least favorite places.
Now that he is retired, he has a variety of hobbies to keep him busy, this podcast being one of them. He spends most of his days travelling or planning his next trip, or making content for his food website, Cooking To Entertain. When he isn’t doing any of that he enjoys a beer or four in the park.
Cody Simon originally met Zach Ireland, the host of The Expat Chit Chat Show when they were both living in Beijing. Even though now they are both living in two separate places (Ukraine and Taiwan) they remain friends.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Life in Ukraine as an expat
- Why Cody Simon started a food website
- Where are his favorite places to travel
- His understandings of what success are
- Why he wanted to get out of China
- And More!
Cody Simon Current Hobbies
Cooking To Entertain (his food website)
The Expat Chit Chat Show (this website you’re on now)
Jet Set Together (his girlfriends travel website, which he sometimes helps with)
A Movie Currently In Production
Find This Episode On
Check Out Our Previous Episodes
- Episode 24: Jenny Watzka, on travelling consulting, originally from Germany
- Episode 23: Alistair Bayley, on Living and Working in Beijing.
- Episode 22: Richard McGirr, on Living and Working in Hong Kong
- Episode 21: Andrew Cotto, Award Winning Author, On Living in Italy
- Episode 20: Kwadwo [QUĀY.jo] Sampany-Kessie, Founder of Elementary Chinese, Living in Tianjin
- Episode 19: Marseille
- Episode 18: Patty Hogan, Foodie and artist Living in Tapei
- Episode 17: The Most Beautiful Woman in the World
- Episode 16: Summer Rylander, on Traveling, cooking, and Living in Germany
- Episode 15: The Wall
- Episode 14: Marie Carter, Writer from Scotland, Living in New York City
- Episode 13: Pranks Among Actors
- Episode 12: Tom Mullaly, Digital Nomad, Living in Bali, Indonesia
- Episode 11: Homesickness
- Episode 10: Vlad Sherman, A Russian Born in KAZAKHSTAN, Living in Beijing
- Episode 9: Standing in the Footprints of the Gods
- Episode 8: Tibor Baranski Jr., International Lawyer, living in China and Japan
- Episode 7: The Road to Hana by Bradley Fink
- Episode 6: Bradley Fink, Cryptocurrency Enthusiast, Living in Corfu
- Episode 5: Auntie Guo
- Episode 4: Jaclynn Joyce, Teacher, International Model, Living in Taipei
- Episode 3: The Yunnan Rice Terraces
- Episode 2: Brian O’Shea, Social Media Influencer, Living in China
- Episode 1: Todd Williams, Associated Press Award Winner, on Living in Taipei
Want To Be On The Show?
If you’re an expat and you want to be on the show, you have a friend that you want to be on the show, or you have topic suggestions, feel free to contact us and we will look into it!